The first performance at the Teatro alla Scala in Black tie
The stage of the Teatro alla Scala in Milan for over two centuries has been introducing the performance of internationally renowned artists, composers, orchestra’s conductors, musicians and étoile: names that have shaped the history of opera like Giuseppe Verdi and Arturo Toscanini, interpreters of exceptional value as Maria Callas, Carla Fracci and Roberto Bolle. The most eagerly awaited date, and among the most worldly in the Milanese calendar for the international scene
It is on the 7th December that it is the day of St. Ambrose that is the patron of the city in which it traditionally opens the theater’s season thanks to the first performance.
For the 2015-16 season it will be “Joan of Arc by Verdi", Riccardo Chailly will be the director. A pride of the Italian culture that becomes the occasion of catwalks for celebrity faces in the foyer. It is used to imagine the dress code for the play like tuxedo for men and dresses with amazing lengths for ladies, but today the dress code tends to be fairly different and the public embraces the freedom of its choices even if it remains obvious the demand that you wear clothes that are in line with the decor of the theater.
By the way wearing an evening dress for an event is still an important occasion where deserve to make a sensational part, as an image consultant I am often requested to give the "rules" useful to know:
- Do not be afraid to go be unconventional, I am a personal branding consultant too and I can believe this the first rule. Follow your own style and not to be afraid to break a few rules. An example of the jet set is Kate Moss that when all the female guests wear long dresses, she opts for a tuxedo.
- There is often the required Black Tie, it means long dress and tuxedo, but as an image consultant I add that it is important to dress respecting the body ' s shape "A long dress flowing throughout the body is generally perfect for taller women while women "that are petite" tend to satisfy the 50s dresses "or models that more closely are falling to their knees." the shorter is the dress, the higher is the neckline of it.
- The pumps with a nice heel is the right choice for the most glamorous evenings. Maybe comfortable but definitely avoid the wedges (especially if the skirt falls above the knee) because I find it the easiest way to give your outfit an economic outlook).
- The color of the dress. "Women usually prefer to wear black at events, because it makes them feel safe, however, if there is a woman wearing red, she will inevitably be the eye-catcher of the evening. And as if the room enlighten suddenly, just perfect for a grand entrance". Valentino says ... The black is always elegant, but have you ever tried the dark blue? Gold and silver less classic, but still of great impact.
- Do not let the night think your accessories and make-up by wearing a pair of heels, a sparkling necklace, red lips for any outfit. Think about your look as a whole from shoes to jewelry to ensure that everything is in harmony. If the dress is "simple" and monochromatic the accessories can declare, as if the model's dress has bold prints the accessories should only serve to support and enhance the outfit, opt for simple lines.
You may also like: How to wears High Heels without pain --- The first at La Scala of Milan ...what is on the stage: Elegance or Bad Taste? (Man post)